Thursday, April 24, 2008

Day

Sumptuous and full-blown asterisk of the sun,
wading through this deep astrological hug,
how you weigh down on us fatly!

You are my 8,508th day, and I am imprisoned with you!
Day! how can I not shiv you in your spleen, and you,
right between these ribs?

Later, we will walk together: my hand grasped with your noon
I will kick off my shoes, and you, your one and two o'clock.
the soft afternoon shrill between my toes
the milky phlegm of the sun dripping off our face
your clouds, washed by my wind
your wisps of gown, flat against my cheeks
your streets of people running through my hair
your matted trembling, hanging from my chin

Day, take off your yesterday!
it has weighed down your shadow
and I have already finished with it
its important pieces, placed in my pocket
and maybe I am already belching up tomorrow,
but day! I will keep you with me as long as I can.

No comments: